Recently updated on September 5th, 2023
AcePokies is your ultimate destination for exploring the thrilling world of online blackjack in Australia in 2023. Dive into the action of blackjack online and discover the excitement of this classic card game.
We’re here to guide you through the top Australian online blackjack casinos, helping you uncover the most rewarding bonuses and promotions. Our extensive collection of blackjack casino reviews covers everything from real money games to the pursuit of tantalising jackpots.
What sets us apart is our collaboration with the world’s finest software developers, the masterminds behind the captivating online blackjack experiences you’ll encounter. So, embark on your blackjack journey today, and seize the opportunity to play online blackjack while chasing those enticing real money jackpots!
Top Real Money Online Blackjack Sites
How to Play Online Blackjack Games: 1-Minute Guide
Online casino sites offer both free and real-money online casino games. You will enjoy online blackjack games if you are confident with your skills.
These online casinos offer some of the best welcome bonuses and state-of-the-art blackjack game software. You can play any of your favourite blackjack versions on any smartphone or a desktop of your choice.
These sites are also considered the best online casinos because of their generous RTPs. They also have some of the best reviews from Australian players.
Are you ready to try your luck at online blackjack? Here’s a quick 1-minute guide to get you started:
Remember, practice makes perfect. So, start with free games to hone your skills before diving into real money action. Good luck, and may the cards be in your favour!
Top Blackjack Variants to Play for Real Money
Once you are ready to play online blackjack for real money, you can choose from various available Blackjack variants. These are some of the blackjack games you will find on our recommended casino sites:
Live Dealer Blackjack Games
Many online casinos will also offer a live dealer version of blackjack. This replaces the Random Number Generator and uses an actual dealer with playing cards. The video of the game is then live-streamed to players and allows you to play online blackjack with other players.
This is great to truly recreate the experience of playing 21 in a land-based casino. Live Blackjack is probably one of the most popular live dealer games around. If you can play online blackjack, you’ll have no problem playing the live dealer version or even in an actual casino.
Online Blackjack Payout & Odds
Aussie players should look for 3:2 blackjack games because they offer significantly better odds and potential payouts than 6:5 games. Here’s why 3:2 games are preferable:
- Higher Payout for Blackjack: In a 3:2 blackjack game, when you are dealt a natural blackjack (an Ace and a 10-value card), you typically receive a payout of three to two on your bet. This means if you bet $10, you would win $15. In contrast, 6:5 games only pay 6 to 5 for a blackjack, so that same $10 bet would only win you $12.
- Better Player Advantage: The 3:2 payout significantly reduces the house edge, giving players a better chance of winning in the long run. This makes 3:2 games more attractive for skilled players who use basic blackjack strategy or card counting techniques to gain an edge.
- Preservation of Bankroll: Playing 3:2 games allows players to preserve their bankrolls better. With more favourable odds, you’ll need to win fewer hands to stay ahead or recover losses compared to 6:5 games, where the increased house edge can deplete your funds more quickly.
- Enhanced Value: You get better bet value when you play 3:2 games. Your potential winnings are more in line with the risk you take, making your blackjack experience more enjoyable and rewarding.
- Traditional Blackjack Experience: 3:2 payouts are the conventional standard for blackjack. Many experienced players prefer the classic rules and odds because they align with the game’s historical and strategic aspects.
In contrast, 6:5 games are generally considered less favourable for players. The increased house edge means you need to win more hands to overcome it, making it more challenging to be consistently profitable. Therefore, if you have a choice, you should seek out 3:2 blackjack games to improve your chances of winning and maximise your enjoyment.
|Blackjack Variation||Payout for Blackjack||House Edge (%)|
|Spanish 21||3:2||0.40% to 0.78%|
|Single Deck Blackjack||3:2||0.17% to 0.48%|
|Perfect Pairs – normal win||3:2||3.37% to 8.61%|
|Perfect Pairs – mixed pair||6:1||3.37% to 8.61%|
|Perfect Pairs – coloured pair||12:1||3.37% to 8.61%|
|Perfect Pairs||25:1||3.37% to 8.61%|
|Double Exposure||1:1||0.67% to 0.69%|
Basic Online Blackjack Rules
- Stand: When you decide to ‘stand,’ you believe your hand is strong enough to beat the dealer. Typically, you’d ‘stand’ if your cards equal 21 or are close to it, but the choice is always yours.
- Hit: ‘Hit’ is the opposite of ‘stand.’ You request to ‘hit’ when you feel your hand isn’t strong enough to win, and you want additional cards to get closer to 21.
- Split: If your initial two-card hand has the same value (e.g., two Queens), you can split the hand into two separate hands. You’ll receive an additional card for each hand until you ‘stand,’ ‘stay,’ or ‘bust.’
- Blackjack: This is the ultimate hand, consisting of a card valued at 10 and an Ace.
- Double: After the first two cards are dealt, you can ‘double’ your bet if you believe you have a strong hand. Be cautious; it’s a risky move.
- Up card: The dealer’s face-up card is visible to all players.
- Even Money: A conservative move, acting as insurance. If you have blackjack and the dealer’s up card is an Ace, requesting even money results in a 1:1 payout.
- Insurance: A side bet, usually half the value of your original bet, is offered when the dealer’s up card is an Ace. It pays out at 2/1.
- First Base: Refers to the player or position to the dealer’s immediate left, the first to receive cards in a blackjack game.
- Hole Card: A card dealt face down, concealed from other players, revealed when everyone is satisfied with their hand.
- Soft Hand: A hand that includes an Ace at the start of the game, allowing you to choose whether to value the Ace as one or eleven based on your other card.
- Hard Hand: A hand without an Ace, limiting your options as a player.
- House Edge: The casino’s advantage over players, represented as a percentage indicating the casino’s long-term winning probability.
- Surrender: An option to forfeit half of your bet if dissatisfied with your initial two cards.
- Bust: When your combined card value exceeds 21, resulting in a loss.
Basic Blackjack Strategy: Tips and Tricks
Most players will develop their playing style as they get used to playing blackjack. However, we have created a small list of blackjack tips and tricks for those new players to use as an essential strategy.
- Learn the basic rules and card values before playing.
- Remember that the goal is not to get 21 but to get closer than the dealer.
- Consider the dealer’s visible card when you make your betting decisions.
- Make sure to have a budget and always stick to it. Do not chase your losses.
- If you have eight or fewer, you need to hit.
- It’s a good idea to split a pair of Aces or 8s.
- We recommend standing or doubling down if your hand is valued at 18.
- If the dealer’s Up card is a seven or less, and your hand totals 17, the best decision is to stand.
- When your hand is valued between 12 and 16, you should hit if the dealer’s Up card is seven or higher.
Popular Online Blackjack Betting Systems
It’s crucial to remember that no betting strategy guarantees a profit in the long run, as blackjack outcomes depend on both tactics and luck. Players should use these strategies cautiously and be prepared for the inherent risks involved in gambling. Responsible bankroll management is vital to successful blackjack play.
Free Online Blackjack Games
If you are not ready to play blackjack online for real money, you can start with a free game version. Some new players may be confused about why you’d play a casino game for free, as you can’t win any money. The truth is that playing for free is an excellent resource for new and experienced players.
Playing free online blackjack lets new players get comfortable before risking real money. This way, beginners can test the game, try basic strategies, and get familiar with it before betting.
Playing free is great for experienced players as well. Professional players can also play blackjack online or try a new strategy. If a player wants to create their betting system, they can do it in a risk-free environment. We tell all players not to ignore free play.
Best Online Blackjack Bonuses
These online blackjack bonuses can enhance your gaming experience by providing extra value and opportunities to win. However, it’s crucial to understand the terms and requirements associated with each bonus to make the most of them.
1. Cashback Bonuses
- What it is: Cashback bonuses are a form of rebate offered by online casinos. They refund a percentage of your net losses over a specific period, giving you a second chance to win.
- How it works: For example, if a casino offers a 10% cashback bonus and you incur losses of $100 during a promotional period, you will receive $10 as a cashback bonus. This amount is typically credited back to your casino account.
- Advantages: Cashback bonuses mitigate losses, giving you a safety net to recover part of your money if luck isn’t on your side. They are particularly appealing to risk-averse players.
2. Free Chips or Free Play Bonuses
- What it is: Free chips or free play bonuses provide you with a set amount of casino credits to use on blackjack or other games without making a deposit.
- How it works: After signing up or as part of a promotion, you receive a specified amount of free chips, often used to explore the casino’s games. Any winnings earned from these chips may be subject to wagering requirements.
- Advantages: Free chips offer a risk-free way to try out different blackjack variants and get a feel for the casino’s software and user experience.
3. Match Deposit Bonuses
- What it is: Match deposit bonuses are among the most common casino promotions. The casino matches a percentage of your deposit, giving you extra funds.
- How it works: For instance, if a casino offers a 100% match deposit bonus up to $200 and you deposit $100, you’ll receive an additional $100 as a bonus. If you deposit $200 or more, you’ll still receive $200, as that’s the maximum limit.
- Advantages: Match deposit bonuses significantly boost your bankroll, providing more opportunities to play blackjack and potentially win. They are especially valuable for players looking to maximise their initial deposit.
Important Bonus Considerations
- Wagering Requirements: Most bonuses, including cashback, free chips, and match deposit bonuses, come with wagering requirements. These require you to wager a certain amount before withdrawing any winnings associated with the promotion.
- Game Eligibility: Ensure that the blackjack games you want to play are eligible for bonus wagering. Some bonuses may exclude specific variants or impose different contribution rates.
- Terms and Conditions: Always read the terms and conditions of any bonus carefully. Consider factors like maximum bet limits, withdrawal restrictions, and expiration dates.
- Promo Codes: Some bonuses may require entering a promo code during the deposit process to activate them, so be sure to use the correct code if applicable.
More Casino Games
Online Blackjack FAQs
Yes, you can. We have listed some of the best online casinos offering real money blackjack games.
No, online blackjack games are not rigged. Online casinos need licenses; rigging games can make them lose those licenses. Hence, online casinos only use legitimate game providers.
Yes, you can. All the casino sites we recommend offer real-money online blackjack games to Australians.
The legality of online casino games, including blackjack, greatly depends on your location. There are legal options in most markets, but we always recommend players check the laws in the area.
Yes. The outcomes of online blackjack games are like that of land-based casinos. This is because online casinos use a system called a random number generator.
The purpose of this system is to ensure that the games are fair. Random Number Generators (RNG) generate unexpected outcomes free from any influence by the casino house.
This depends on where you are playing. Sadly, some casinos can’t be trusted and will either rig games or not pay out winnings. The casinos we recommend can all be trusted to play blackjack at.