Online Blackjack is one of the top casino games on the Internet, and it’s easy to see why. We’ll guide new players through the basics of playing this amazing game for free, or real money. With our Blackjack guide to help you, you’ll be a Blackjack pro in no time.
Blackjack, also known as 21, is a very easy game to play and understand, but a player’s skill can make a real difference. This is why it is important for new players to fully grasp the basics and move on to more advanced tactics. Read through our Blackjack guide below and become a professional in no time.
Top Blackjack Casino Sites
How to Play Blackjack Online
For new players, learning to play Blackjack can seem like a daunting task. However, once they start, players find out that it is not as difficult as they think. Below is a simple step-by-step guide on how to play the game.
- Step 1: Decide how much money you want to bet, select the amount, and click deal.
- Step 2: Both the player and the dealer will be dealt two cards. However, one of the dealer’s cards will be face down and unknown.
- Step 3: Look at your cards and decide what your next move is. This is when you choose to hit, stand, double down, surrender, or split. We’ll cover these terms in detail later. But the basics are, do you want another card, or not.
- Step 4: If you chose to hit, you will receive your additional card.
- Step 5: This continues until the player decides to stand, or goes bust.
- Step 6: Once you stand, the dealer’s face-down card will be revealed. Then the dealer will hit or stand depending on the rules.
- Step 7: Once the dealer stands, the value of the hands is calculated. Whoever is closer to 21, wins.
Online Blackjack Basic Rules
- The main aim of Blackjack is to get a hand with a value as close to 21, without going over.
- Should the player’s hand, or the dealer’s hand, exceed 21, it results in an immediate loss.
- Numbered cards have their numbered value
- King, Queens, and Jacks have a value of 10.
- Aces are valued at either 1 or 11
- A hand with an Ace and a 10-valued card is known as Blackjack and is the best possible hand.
Live Dealer Blackjack
Many online casinos will also offer a live dealer version of Blackjack. This replaces the Random Number Generator and uses an actual dealer with playing cards. The video of the game is then live-streamed to players.
This is great to truly recreate the experience of playing 21 in a land-based casino. Live Blackjack is probably one of the most popular live dealer games around. If you can play online Blackjack, you’ll have no problem playing the live dealer version, or even in an actual casino.
Blackjack Tips and Tricks
As players get used to playing Blackjack, most will develop their own playing style. However, for those new players out there, we have created a small list of some Blackjack tips and tricks to use as a basic strategy.
- Always gamble when you have a clear mind. Do not drink alcohol, as this will lead to making bad betting decisions.
- Learn the basic rules and card values before playing.
- Keep in mind that the goal is not to get 21, but to get closer than the dealer
- Keep the dealer’s visible card in mind when you make your betting decisions
- Make sure to set a budget and stick to it. Do not chase your losses
- If you have eight or less, you need to hit
- It’s a good idea to split a pair of Aces or 8s.
- If your hand is valued at 18, we recommend standing or doubling down
- If the dealer’s Up card is a seven or less, and your hand totals 17, the best decision is to stand
- When your hand is valued between 12 and 16, you should hit if the dealer’s Up card is seven or higher
Free Online Blackjack Games
Any good casino site will allow players gamblers to play Blackjack, and other games, for free. Some new players may be confused as to why you’d play a casino game for free, as you can’t win any money. The truth is that playing for free is a great resource for new and experienced players.
Playing free online Blackjack allows new players to try the game out and get comfortable with the basics of the game before risking any real money. This way, beginners can test the game out, try basic strategies, and get familiar before betting.
Playing free is great for experienced players as well. If an experienced player wants to try out a new strategy, or create their own betting system, they can do so in a risk-free environment. We tell all players not to ignore free play.
Card Counting in Blackjack
Card counting is one of the more advanced techniques players use to get an edge over the casino. It involves keeping track of the cards that have already been dealt. This allows players to quickly calculate the odds of the remaining cards and make a more informed decision on whether to hit or stand.
Many players are curious about how to count cards and whether it works at online casinos. The truth is counting cards is difficult to do correctly. More importantly, it doesn’t work at online casinos. When playing Blackjack online, casinos use multiple decks of cards, and everything is reshuffled at the end of every hand.
More Casino Games
Blackjack Online FAQs
Yes, you can. Blackjack is one of those casino games where a player’s skill can make a real difference. Even new players can start making money soon after learning the basics of Blackjack. The house edge is relatively low compared to many other casino games.
The legality of online casino games, including Blackjack, is very much dependant in where you are. Generally speaking, there are legal options in most markets, but we always recommend players check the laws in the area.
We have several recommended casino sites that offer Blackjack. The truth is there is no one best blackjack sites. Players need to find a site that is reputable and trustworthy but also offers great bonuses and games.
We have a list of trusted casino sites listed on this page, and all of them will offer a variety of Blackjack games to enjoy.
This depends on where you are playing. The sad truth is that there are casinos out there that can’t be trusted and will either rig games, or simply not pay out winnings. The casinos we recommend can all be trusted to play Blackjack at.
Counting cards when playing Blackjack online is not effective. The reason for this is that all the cards are reshuffled at the end of every hand. This means that there is not enough time for cards to be removed from the shoe to allow counting to benefit the player.
Check out our other game guides: