Learning how to play baccarat is crucial to whether you get to win or lose. Knowing the rules of any game is one of the best things you can do for yourself if you want to win at AU casinos online. Plus, you get to claim some of the best bonuses at these internet casinos.
So, this guide goes through the baccarat rules in detail, and you will get some of the best virtual casino sites. Plus, we will give you tips on how to play baccarat online.
Best Baccarat Casino Sites for Aussie Players 2021
How to Play Baccarat: Rules
You need to have technical skills when you play baccarat. Many players usually play baccarat for high stakes, and so it’s popular amongst high rollers. The objective of the baccarat game is to bet on the hand that is closest or equal to 9.
The game will begin with the dealer handing out two cards for the banker’s hand and the Players hand. So, it would be best to predict which hand you think will be close or equal to 9 by betting on either hand. However, you can also bet that the two hands will result in a tie.
Player Hand Rules
If a player’s hand totals 0 – 5 or is equal to 10, the dealer will have to draw a third card. If the hand is a total of either 6 or 7, that action will be called a “stand.” When there is a stand, there is no need for a third card.
What’s more, if the hand has a total of 8 or 9, which is known as “naturals,” the third card won’t be needed either. Here is a table below that illustrates the player rules:
|Total for First Two Cards||Action|
|1, 2, 3, 4, 5,10||Draw the third card|
|6 to 7||Stand|
|8 to 9||Stand or Neutral|
Banker Hand Rules
The banker rules have the same principles as the player hand rules. The dealer is the one who is responsible for starting the action of the game and implement the rules. The table below shows the banker rules:
|Total of First Two Cards||Draw on Player’s 3rd card||Stand on Player’s 3rd Card|
|3||1, 2, 3, 4, 5 6, 7, 8, 9, 10||8|
|4||2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7||1, 8, 9, 10|
|5||4, 5, 6, 7||1, 2, 3, 8, 9, 10|
|6||6, 7||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10|
|8-0||Stand or Neutral|
|0-12||Always draw the third card|
There is a tie bet if there is no loser or winner between the player’s hand and banker’s hand. This happens when both the hands are naturals which makes them a tie. However, a tie rarely happens in baccarat, so it may be risky to make in this game.
Best Baccarat Games Tips
You can learn a lot from playing the game at the best Australian casinos. However, there are certain things that you can learn before you get experience in playing the game. Here are 5 tips you can use the next time you play baccarat online:
- Don’t Bet the tie bet – many experts agree that the tie bet hardly ever appears and has a very high house edge of 14,4%. From the outset, this is a disadvantage for you which makes it an unwise bet to make.
- Choose the Banker Hand – the banker bet should always be your go-to when playing baccarat online. Statistically, the banker’s hand tends to win more than the player’s hand and the tie option. However, you can switch to the player’s hand when the banker’s hand starts to lose.
- Skip the next bet when the banker loses – when the banker’s hand starts to lose, you should skip the following betting round. Watch whether the banker or the player hand wins in the round that you’ve skipped. Then in the next round, side with whatever hand won the previous round.
- Ignore the tie bet – as a rule of thumb. Please don’t include the tie bet in your strategy because it does not benefit you.
- Practice good wagering management – although playing baccarat has a good house edge for the player, there is still a 50-50 chance of winning. You should always monitor your bankroll and make sure you are within your wagering limit.